Saturday, December 31, 2022

Star Wars Legion: Rebels and Partisans

I decided to take some time off for the holidays and the rainy weather spurred me to get a lot of painting done. Over the last few weeks, I managed to complete the rest of my unpainted Star Wars Legion Rebels. Some are official figures, while others are proxies available from various 3D printers. 

Star Wars Legion miniatures.  Rebel and Partisan forces, both official and 3D print proxies

Standard Rebel Troopers from the game box.

Star Wars Legion miniatures.  Rebel Troopers

Star Wars Legion miniatures.  Rebel Troopers

Star Wars Legion miniatures.  Rebel Troopers

Rebel Commandos with Orrimaarko (Prune Face).

Star Wars Legion miniatures.  Rebel Commandos

Star Wars Legion miniatures.  Rebel Commandos

Star Wars Legion miniatures.  Rebel Commandos

Unofficial Rebel Irregulars from a wide variety of species, including the NED-B leader droid from "Kenobi." While the official figures are great, they are limited in terms of variety and I wanted more aliens on my table.

Star Wars Legion miniatures.  Unofficial 3D print proxies.  Human,  Twi'lek, Rodian Rebel Irregulars

Star Wars Legion miniatures.  Unofficial 3D print proxies.  Bith, NED-B Loader Droid,  Mon Calamari Rebel Irregulars

Unofficial Jedha Partisans from "Rogue One." Since I wanted to be able to use them both before and after the events of the film, I decided not to get Saw Gerrera and other charters that I knew didn't survive the Jedha attack.  The reference photos I found for Kullbee did not include a coat, so I took a guess and painted it blue to match the trousers he wore. 

Star Wars Legion miniatures.  Unofficial 3D print proxies. Saw Gerrera Jedha Rebel Partisans. Gelan Yees, Benthic (Two Tubes), Kullbee Sperado

While I found a good photo of the unnamed partisan on the left, the figure on the right was harder to track down. The only photo available was a black and white concept drawing, which didn't help with painting.  However, looking at screen captures from the movie, he appeared in the background (minus the turban) for a few seconds and was dressed in very dark colors with lights on his chest unit. Not wanting him to look completely like a Turkish Star Wars Darth Vader knockoff, I went with dark brown robes instead of black.  

Star Wars Legion miniatures.  Unofficial 3D print proxies. Saw Gerrera Jedha Rebel Partisans. Unnamed, Moroff, Unnamed

I was really happy with the end results. I think Benthic and Moroff were my favorites out of this batch and will look suitably imposing on the battlefield. Now I just have to convince my teenage sons that dad is still relatively cool and they should turn off the Nintendo and sit down for a game with the old man.
 

2 comments:

  1. Cool looking unit of rebels. Hope you can convince your sons to play with you. Happy New Year! All the best, Karl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Major Thomas FooleryJanuary 1, 2023 at 12:05 PM

    Thanks and Happy New Year to you as well!

    ReplyDelete