Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy during the pandemic. One benefit of being on lockdown is that I've actually managed to get a little painting in.
First up are a couple of Imperial Speer Bikes.
Even with the instruction sheet, it took a little bit of work to figure out how to assemble the undercarriage bits, but overall they weren't bad builds. I would definitely recommend painting the bikes and troopers separately before completing the assemblies. The part that was the most trouble for me was trying to get the footrests properly positioned before I glued the figures down. I had a slight gap in the end, but luckily the soft plastic allowed me to flex the footrests and get them up against the feet and glued in place. If I had to do it again, I'd glue the figures first and add the footrests at the end.
I wrapped the clear poles in masking tape during the painting and gluing, so was able to keep them from being damaged or turning cloudy during the build. I also did my best to hide the poles in the middle of some grass tufts to make them less visible. For the uniforms, I opted to use a colder, light grey undertone for the armor elements, and a warmer, cream undertone for the cloth parts. I'm not sure if it ended up being noticeable after I added grime using Secret Weapon concrete wash, but I think it's worth trying to differentiate material differences.
From a height perspective, the bikes hover around infantry trooper head level, so a little high than what was seen in the movies. But I don't think it looks bad.
Next up are the Rebel Pathfinders from the Rogue One movie. These were a lot of fun to paint and luckily there are a lot of reference photos available on the internet. Other than Pao and Bistan, I didn't try to do an exact match to specific troopers. However, I think the colorschemes are within the ballpark for the variety of uniforms and equipment seen.