I've been moving slower on this project than I would like, but I've finally gotten a few more items off the painting table. First up is a 7pdr gun from Empress Miniatures.
The cannon included no instructions, so it took some investigative work to figure out how to assemble it. Overall, I found the assembly to be a bit fiddly and I ended up damaging one of the axle ends during the build. However, I think it still looks reasonably good in the end (though not sure I'd want to assemble another one).
As with my infantry uniforms, I struggled trying to find the right blue among all the variations seen in images online. I opted to continue on with the Dark Sea Blue I had used previously. It ended up looking a bit grayer than I planned on, but I think it will still get the job done.
The officers are also from Empress and and in my opinion look like proper toffs, in particular the one with the monocle. While I like the sculpts overall, the helmets appear to have four panels rather than the correct six (same with the artillery crew). As a result, I've done my best to file the seams down and paint them to better match my plastic Warlord figures.
I've now reached the halfway point on this project, and my aim is to try to have it complete by the Christmas holidays. Fingers crossed!